Are you dedicated to helping care for others? Do you find joy in making someone else smile? Is commitment to a team something that you value? If so, you should join Greenbrier Homes! We are always looking for warm, positive, and engaging individuals to join our Team! Be sure to apply today!
Greenbrier Homes develops, owns, and manages assisted living and memory care homes for the elderly. Along with other program recognition, Greenbrier received the Insight “Excellence in Care” award for our innovative model of care. We may be a small company, but we are at the forefront of an expanding marketplace and are very proud of what we have accomplished. We are looking for caring, enthusiastic, dedicated people to join our team.
Our Med Techs and CNAs work as teammates on the floor to provide the best quality of care for our Residents. Med Techs are also responsible for helping provide care to our residents. **At this time, all Care Staff must be able to wear an N95 mask for 12 hours, with breaks, in order to work in our homes.**
We currently need weekend shifts filled. Click HERE to submit your resume
• High School Diploma
• Certified Nursing Assistant and/or Certified Medication Technician (Virigina)
• CPR Certification
• First-Aid Certification
Must be licensed as a CNA, Nurse's Aide, or Medication Technician in Virginia (based on location of employment)
Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience with the direct care of the elderly, preferably in a group setting rather than private duty
• Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and email) and the ability to learn new applications
• Ability to work weekends
Medication Administration and Related Responsibilities (For Med Techs Only):
• Medication Administration, Vital Signs and Treatments per MAR
• Review and write daily in the communication log book
• Perform inventory of medications and reorder, as needed, twice a week
• Transcribe new orders in ICARE as prescribed and fax to pharmacy and RN
• Updates RN immediately regarding any changes in resident’s condition, incident reports and any other issues relating to health and care.
• Order supplies for treatment box/skin issues
• Ensure that vital signs, weights and other monitored items are recorded in ICare
• Ensure that all medication orders are in the chart, ICARE manager and are signed by physician.
• Complete daily counts and documentation of controlled drugs and inventory (including checking expiration dates)
• Schedule resident appointments and arrange for transportation as needed
• Keep Residents charts and House Manual in order
• Periodically checks fax and emails
• Keeps track of residents lab orders and arranges for dates for lab work • Communicates verbal and written information with other staff
Essential Duties: (Resident Care)
• Assist in the morning dressing, bathing, oral hygiene, toileting care and feeding assistance of residents. Must ensure that all residents are dressed, bathed and clothed.
• Toilet, transfer, and change residents as needed.
• Maintain cleanliness of resident rooms (including make beds, clean bedroom, and bath), common areas, and kitchen (clean and put away dishes, maintain refrigerator/freezer organization, etc.).
• Laundry- residents’ clothes washed, dried, folded/hung and ready to be brought up to individual rooms.
• Assist in meal preparation (based on shift assignment); serve meals and assist residents as needed to ensure nutrition; bake bread; take weekly food inventory for resident’s special requests.
• Take vital signs, check weights, and dispense medications (CMT’s only).
• Lead or assist with resident activities; encourage residents to participate; engage with residents one-on-one.
• Ensure hydration and nutrition of residents as needed.
• Maintain patient confidentiality; communicate with family, visitors and other staff in a pleasant, knowledgeable way.
• Complete weekly logs of refrigerator, freezer and water temperatures
• Report to House Manager any changes or observations with respect to residents and what needs to be completed; complete communication log.
• Perform such other tasks as may be assigned by the House Manager.
• Champions the quality delivery of services under a personalized, resident-centered care model
• Constantly watches for and recognizes changes in resident conditions, taking appropriate action when changes occur.
• Reviews, reads, and notates Daily Communication Log to document and learn about pertinent information and any resident’s physical and behavioral changes. Ensures that day to day communication take place between staff and between shifts.
Essential Duties: (Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance)
• Ensures that the house follows all federal, state and local laws and regulations and Greenbrier Homes policies and procedures as it pertains to resident care and services
• Continually monitors for potential safety risks to both residents and staff in the house that need to be addressed
Physical Activity and ADA Requirements:
In a 12 hour shift, care giver may stand/walk:
Hours at one time: 0 – 3
Total Hours: 8 – 10
In a 12 hour shift, care giver may sit:
Hours at one time: 0 – 1
Total hours per shift: 2 – 4
Care giver will support/assist:
Frequently: 100 lbs maximum
Occasionally: 200 lbs maximum
Care giver will lift/carry:
Frequently: 40 lbs
Occasionally: 70 lbs
Height of Lift: 3 – 4 feet
Distance of carry: 30 yards
Care giver will use hands for repetitive:
Simple grasping, pushing and pulling, fine manipulation
Care giver should be able to:
Reach: Frequently, approximately 3 feet